|Recipient of the 2006 and 2009 Bookkeeping Excellence Award, Gloria was twice chosen by her peers within the Canadian Bookkeepers Association for her "exemplary bookkeeping knowledge and best practices."
Dedicated to her field and her customers, GloriaAnn Curwin has never stopped upgrading her skills.
In 1976, Gloria graduated with first-class honours from the Business and Commerce Clerical Program at Cambrian College. She She worked for a local manufacturer/wholesaler, where she assisted with payroll (over 100 hourly-rated employees belonging to 4 different unions) and learned about the tax and liability issues in manufacturing farm equipment and other vehicles. She began to offer bookkeeping services part-time to small businesses.
After 5 years, Gloria took a position with a major general contractor. She continued to take courses to enhance her skills. In 1989 she challenged the prestigious Certified Professional Secretary exams, held worldwide twice per year. Gloria earned the highest marks in Canada and 4th highest internationally.
In September of 2004, she became one of only 18 people in Canada to earn the Certificate of Proficiency in Bookkeeping from the Canadian Bookkeepers Association.
In 2009, Gloria was the first bookkeeper in Canada to recieve the Registered Professional Bookkeeper (RPB) designation.
|In addition to the RPB designation, Gloria's other qualifications include:
- Guild of Industrial, Commercial and Institutional Accountants (ICIA accredited 1993)
- Institute of Professional Managers (IPM accredited 1999)
- H & R Block (certified for personal and small business tax returns since 2001)
- Canadian Bookkeepers Association (CBA member since 2003)
- EFILE Association of Canada (member since 2003)
- National Association of Certified Public Bookkeepers (NACPB member since 2005)
- Business & Professional Women Greater Sudbury
Gloria has worked with numerous accounting systems including:
- BPI Accounting (Business Products Inc.)
- CMAC Systems (Construction Management Accounting Control)
- Classic Bookkeeping
- Craig Erickson Systems
- Jonas Software
- Newstar REMS
- Simply Accounting Premier Advisor
- QuickBooks® ProAdvisor
Over the past 30 years, Gloria has mastered challenging bookkeeping assignments and gained valuable admininstrative experience in a variety of local industries, including commercial construction, home building, manufacturing, property management, retail/wholesale, tourism and the restaurant/hospitality sectors. Her proficiency, education and experience allow her to handle any industry.
Business owners will reap the rewards of having their bookkeeping in the trusted hands of a knowledgeable and versatile professional. GloriaAnn Curwin knows the importance of details & deadlines and can tailor a solution for your specific needs.